WASHINGTON, DC – Now that Colorado politician and failed gubernatorial candidate Mike Johnston today announced his plans to run for U.S. Senate, he needs to answer these 5 questions that will affect his candidacy and the lives of Colorado voters:
- Do you still defend your radical 2013 idea of a $1 billion income tax hike ballot initiative that Coloradans voted down overwhelmingly by a 2-to-1 margin?
- Do you still defend your hostility towards Colorado energy development and jobs?
- Do the values that you and Bernie Sanders share extend to a government takeover of health insurance that would force families off of their employer-sponsored health plans?
- When can Coloradans expect you to return the $2 million in campaign donations from noted Colorado haterformer New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg?
- What makes you a competitive candidate if Colorado Democrats already rejected you on your way to a second to last finish in the Democratic Primary for Governor?
“Coloradans deserve to know the truth about what kind of U.S. Senator Mike Johnston plans to be. We look forward to hearing the answers to the questions laid out above.”
– SLF Spokesman Matt Gruda