This morning Nevada hit $5 per gallon on AAA’s average gas price aggregator – 70 cents higher than the national average and breaking the state record for the highest price ever. Nevada currently has the third-highest gas prices in the country behind only California and Hawaii.
With gas prices quickly rising and hitting Nevadans in their pocketbooks, Senator Catherine Cortez Masto still hasn’t changed her tune on supporting American energy production. She’s sided with anti-American energy production radicals time and again, who continue to support her campaign.
Cortez Masto attacks American energy production…
- Cortez Masto voted against an amendment approving the Keystone XL pipeline and prohibiting regulations that would ban fracking. (S. Con. Res. 5, CQ Vote #53: Rejected 50-50; R 50-0; D 0-48; I 0-2, 2/5/21, Cortez Masto Voted Nay)
- In October 2021, Cortez Masto refuted the claim that Democrats are “taking out the centerpiece plan of the president to try to reshape the energy market” by saying, “No, we will still be reshaping it.” (Catherine Cortez Masto, Interview on NPR’s Morning Edition, 10/20/21, Audio Starts at 0:10)
- In an August 2020 op-ed, Cortez Masto wrote that her End Speculative Oil and Gas Leasing Act is warranted “amid a global oil market decline that further diminishes the need to lease more public lands for drilling.” (Catherine Cortez Masto, op-ed, “NEVADA VIEWS: Time to reform federal oil, gas lease program,” Las Vegas Review-Journal, 8/29/20)
- In November 2017, Cortez Masto tweeted that drilling in ANWR “is a lose-lose.” (Sen. Cortez Masto, Twitter, 11/15/17)
- Cortez Masto worried that if the Trump administration “continues to blindly handcuff our nation to dirty energy, it will weaken our economy & harm our ability to tackle climate change.” (Sen. Cortez Masto, Twitter, 1/24/17)
…and anti-American energy production environmentalist radicals have repaid her with their support.
- Cortez Masto has a lifetime 97% score from the League of Conservation Voters, an organization that seeks to “fight fossil fuel extraction, including phasing out new fossil fuel leasing on our public lands and oceans.” (Catherine Cortez Masto, League of Conservation Voters, Accessed 3/11/22)
- In October 2015, Cortez Masto was endorsed by the NRDC Action Fund and said she would “fight to end wasteful taxpayer giveaways to Big Oil companies, protect Nevada’s public lands for future generations, and support Nevada’s clean energy industry…” (NRDC Action Fund, “NRDC Action Fund endorses Cortez Masto for Senate,” Press Release, 10/7/15)
“Catherine Cortez Masto doesn’t care if you pay a higher price at the pump as long as she gets to continue her ideologically-driven war on American energy production alongside her radical environmentalist friends. Cortez Masto has been abundantly clear she won’t change, so if Nevadans want a different outcome they must elect a new Senator this November.” -SLF Communications Director Jack Pandol