Remember last December when Sen. Bill Nelson voted against middle class tax cuts? He said it was the “the exact opposite of what we should be doing.”
So by Nelson’s logic, here’s what we shouldn’t be doing:
- Disney, which has 70,000 employees in Florida, announced today that it will be giving $1,000 bonuses to 125,000 employees and will start a $50 million tuition program for its hourly employees.
- Florida Power & Light won’t be charging its customers a surcharge for a $1.3 billion restoration cost from last September’s hurricane resulting in $4.9 million customers seeing an average savings of $250.
- Walmart announced it is raising its starting wage to $11, expanding maternity and parental leave benefits, and providing $1,000 cash bonuses. (Walmart has over 107,164 employees in Florida.)
- Orlando-based Darden Restaurants will be giving $20 million to its employees this year.
- The Flood Insurance Agency announced it would provide $1,000 bonuses to its employees.
“Voting for Bill Nelson is the exact opposite of what Florida voters should be doing.” –SLF Spokesman Chris Pack