Sen. Bill Nelson seems to have made a return trip to outer space. Now he’s rambling on about how there shouldn’t be unlimited money in politics, seemingly oblivious to the fact that Chuck Schumer’s Super-PAC plans to spend $23 million on his behalf.
This is the latest chapter in the heartbreaking tale about Nelson becoming increasingly detached from reality, which already includes:
- Taking erratic and contradicting positions on U.S. Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh
- Flip-flopping on whether a Supreme Court nominee can be confirmed in a president’s first midterm
- Feigning outrage over the separation of children from illegal immigrants despite voting for the bill that authorized the federal government to shelter unaccompanied immigrant children in federal facilities
- Throwing a tantrum over the cancellation of August recess despite previously calling for the cancellation of August recess
- Not knowing what ZTE is after writing to President Trump on ZTE
“We’ll say it for a sixth time – Bill Nelson is losing it and needs to retire.” –Senate Leadership Fund Spokesman Chris Pack