Democratic Maine House Speaker Sara Gideon is launching her campaign for Senate today, setting up a contrast between a hardcore progressive partisan recruited by Chuck Schumer, or a bipartisan, results-driven Senator in Susan Collins (*IF* Gideon even survives her primary with ultra-progressive Betsy Sweet).
Now that she’s in the Senate race, we have five questions Speaker Gideon needs to answer right now on how she would vote in the United States Senate:
- Would you support kicking 180 million Americans off their private health insurance through Medicare for All?
- Would you support the Green New Deal?
- Would you support impeaching the President of the United States?
- Would you support any restrictions on abortion – including allowing abortions up to the moment of birth?
- Would you support Abolishing ICE, tearing down existing wall infrastructure, or decriminalizing illegal border crossings?
Speaker Gideon can’t represent Mainers if she won’t be honest with them about her positions first.