Launching her Senate campaign today on the famously pro-Trump MSNBC network, failed House candidate Amy McGrath claimed Mitch McConnell is standing in the way of President Trump’s agenda. That brought laughs from pundits.
Lest we forget, McGrath has already been rejected by Kentucky voters because she:
- Compared the election of Donald Trump to 9/11
- Claimed she is “more progressive than anyone in the state of Kentucky”
- Called the President’s border wall “stupid”
- Said socialized medicine was “awesome”
- Responded to a question about full-term abortion: “I don’t think the government should be involved in a woman’s right to choose what is happening to her body.”
McGrath lost in 2018 in a district that voted for Trump by 15 points because of her anti-Trump, far-left agenda that is more compatible with her liberal sponsors in California and New York than in Kentucky. Trump won the state of Kentucky by 30.
Leader McConnell, on the other hand, has been recognized by President Trump himself as a critical ally – shepherding the President’s agenda through the Senate by:
- Confirming over 100 conservative federal judges, including Supreme Court Justices Gorsuch & Kavanaugh
- Passing the President’s tax reform package
- Protecting Americans from a government takeover of healthcare
- Supporting the President’s decision to pull out of the Iran deal & implement tough new sanctions on the Iranian regime
“Amy McGrath lost last time not just because she’s a hard-left progressive, but because she’s a phony who Kentucky voters saw right through. McGrath’s inaugural appearance on MSNBC, where she stumbled through consultant-crafted talking points pretending to support President Trump’s agenda, is an insult to the intelligence of every Kentucky voter.” -SLF Communications Director Jack Pandol