A new report is stoking speculation Raphael Warnock is taking his eye off the ball in Georgia, skipping Senate votes to do national media appearances building his profile, as well as receiving a six-figure book advance while his constituents experience some of the worse inflationary effects of anywhere in the country.
Washington Examiner: Warnock would be propelled into presidential contention with win over Walker
From the report:
Warnock, Republicans gleefully point out, is traveling the country to promote his book A Way Out of No Way: A Memoir of Truth Transformation and the New American Story and even missed a couple of Senate votes in June while on tour.
Warnock has another book coming out in November, one week after Election Day, this one a children’s book…
Warnock was paid a book advance of almost $250,000 for A Way Out of No Way.
Here are the votes Warnock skipped to build his national profile hawking his book – using Georgia as a stepping stone to enrich and promote himself:
- On June 13th, Raphael Warnock skipped a Senate vote at 5:29 p.m. on health care for veterans with exposure to burn puts or other toxic substances. (H.R. 3967, CQ Vote #225: Motion agreed to 78-17: R 29-17; D 47-0; I 2-0, 6/13/22, Raphael Warnock Did Not Vote)
- VIDEO: On June 13th, Raphael Warnock was a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, which tapes in New York City, to promote his new book which was released the following day. CBS’ STEPHEN: “Ladies and gentlemen my next guest tonight is a pastor, politician and author who currently serves as a United States Senator from Georgia. Please welcome Senator Raphael Warnock.” (CBS’, “The Late Show,” 6/13/22)
- VIDEO: On June 13th, Warnock was a guest on MSNBC’s The Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell. MSNBC’s LAWRENCE O’DONNELL: “And joining us now is Democratic Senator Reverend Raphael Warnock of Georgia, his new book, A Way Out of No Way, A Memoir of Truth, Transformation and the New American Story is out and available for purchase tomorrow. Senator Warnock, thank you very much for being here.” (MSNBC, “The Last Word,” 6/13/22)
- VIDEO: On June 13th, Warnock was a guest on CNN’s Anderson Cooper 360. CNN’s ANDERSON COOPER: “Walker’s running against the state’s first black senator, Reverend Raphael Warnock, a Democrat who joins us tonight his new book out tomorrow is called A Way Out Of No Way, A Memoir Of Truth, Transformation And The New American Story.” (CNN’s, “Anderson Cooper 360,” 6/13/22)
- VIDEO: On June 14th, Warnock appeared on Morning Joe, still from New York City. MSNBC’s WILLIE GEIST: “Joining us now Democratic Senator Raphael Warnock of Georgia. He’s author of the new book titled ‘A Way Out of No Way: A Memoir Of Truth, Transformation And The New American Story.’ Senator, good morning. It’s good to see you here in New York with us.” (MSNBC’s, “Morning Joe,” 6/14/22)
- On June 16, Raphael Warnock skipped a Senate vote at 1:20 p.m. on confirmation of a nominee to the Consumer Product Safety Commission. (CQ Vote #232: Motion agreed to 49-47: R 0-47; D 47-0; I 2-0, 6/16/22, Raphael Warnock Did Not Vote)
- VIDEO: On June 16th, Warnock recorded a 56 minute interview with Rep. James Clyburn for C-SPAN’s “After Words” to promote his new book. (C-SPAN’s, “After Words,” 6/16/22)
In total, Raphael Warnock conducted more than a dozen national media interviews in June and July promoting his new book. The Senator has traveled to events to promote his book in Martha’s Vineyard and Denver, and he is scheduled to be in Dallas promoting his book this weekend – meaning the spotlight-seeking hasn’t ended.
“Raphael Warnock took his eye off of Georgia, seeking the national spotlight and a six-figure book advance while his constituents suffer under some of the highest inflation rates in the country. Georgia needs a full-time senator focused on bringing down costs, not someone focused on building his own national profile.” -SLF Communications Director Jack Pandol