The Senate Leadership Fund congratulated Congressman Ted Budd on his convincing victory in the North Carolina primary election, avoiding a runoff by uniting the Republican Party behind his candidacy:
“Congratulations to Ted Budd for running a smart, disciplined, and focused primary campaign. Ted understands North Carolinians want a Senator who will stand up to Joe Biden’s pro-inflation, pro-crime agenda, which is why we are committed to working to make Ted Budd the next Senator for North Carolina.” -SLF President Steven Law
The Senate Leadership Fund previously announced it had reserved $27 million in North Carolina to support the eventual Republican nominee.
Budd will face former North Carolina Supreme Court Justice Cheri Beasley in the general election. Some important items that North Carolinians will soon come to understand about Beasley and her support for the radical liberal Biden agenda:
- Beasley has a long paper trail of judicial decisions that show she is dangerously soft on crime.
- This includes her opinion overturning a 1994 death sentence for Marcus Robinson, who killed a 17-year-old victim with a shotgun blast to the fact.
- Beasley also wrote an opinion throwing out the conviction of a man who confessed to sexually molesting a 7-year-old girl.
- Beasley supports rigging the rules of the United States Senate to ram through every liberal policy prescription by eliminating the filibuster.
- Beasley supports allowing abortion up to the moment of birth with her support of the Women’s Health Protection Act.