It’s Day one of the general election in Ohio, and Tim Ryan is already lying. Ryan appeared on CNN this morning and proclaimed: “I have a long record of fighting against Democrats.”
Fact check: Pants on Fire.
And while as a career politician Ryan does have a long record – it’s of supporting far-left, radical policies that he’s hoping voters forget now that he’s reinventing himself for the election. Ryan’s real record:
- While running for president in April 2019, Ryan bragged about supporting Medicare for All since 2007 and said: “I was on it before it was cool.”
- During a 2019 Democratic presidential primary debate, Ryan said he agreed with Julian Castro’s position to decriminalize illegal border crossings via eliminating Section 1325 of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
- At an American Federation of Teachers event, Ryan talked about“how much I love Randi [Weingarten],” pledged to think about the union every morning walking into the Oval Office, and praised how “the teachers’ union has never been knocked down.”
- Ryan called for abolishingthe Senate filibuster to pass a bill that would allow abortions up to the ninth month of pregnancy.
- Ryan supports getting rid of the Hyde Amendment and has voted against prohibiting taxpayer money from being used on abortions.
- Ryan endorsed Joe Biden for President, saying he was “proud to support a candidate who can unite our party behind bold solutions,” claimingBiden would “grow a stronger middle class and create jobs for working Americans” and adding Biden has a “touch with blue collar workers.”
- Ryan said he liked Pelosi “a lot,” was “the best politician in the Democratic Party,” was “doing a terrific job,” and believed she wasn’t as unpopular across the country as she once was.
- In April 2022, Ryan joked that he has to “suck up” to Chuck Schumer and called him his “future boss.”
- In 2013, Ryan attended a kickoff event for the pro-Hillary Clinton Super PAC “Ready for Hillary,” and was the first House member to call on Clinton to run for President.
Starting the general election with a massive lie about your record? Doesn’t project confidence that Ryan believes he can run and win on who he really is. Expect more “reinventions” from this serial chameleon and career politician.