The ultra-progressive group Democracy for America announced its endorsement of Iowa Democratic Senate candidate Theresa Greenfield today. A cursory look at this group’s public positions reveals they are far outside the mainstream in Iowa. Democracy for America:
- Supports the radical Medicare for All healthcare proposal, which would cost $32 trillion over a decade, kick 180 million Americans off of their current insurance, and create a chronic shortage of doctors.
- Supports the radical Green New Deal, which would limit air and automobile travel, discourage eating meat, increase electricity and gas prices, and cost Americans as much as ninety-three trillion dollars.
- Supports decriminalizing illegal border crossings, which even Obama Administration officials say would be a declaration to smugglers that America has open borders.
- Supports abolishing the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency (ICE) that is responsible for enforcing our immigration laws.
- Called for the United States to accept at least 65,000 Syrian refugees, even though terrorists have already exploited the refugee crisis in order to commit attacks in Europe.
- Called President Trump a “white supremacist.”
- Endorsed the radical group of House Democrats known as “The Squad,”which includes self-described socialist Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and controversial anti-Semite Ilhan Omar.
By accepting Democracy for America’s endorsement, Greenfield is accepting the hard-left platform that comes along with it. For a candidate who has largely refused to talk about what she actually believes, the company she keeps tells us a lot about where she stands and why she’s dangerously outside the Iowa mainstream.